Safe World Insurance Group (UK) Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which we collect and process personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection legislation and rules (the Act), Safe World Insurance Group (UK) Ltd, is an insurance company and the entity and data controller responsible for holding and using your data. We may share data and information with other parties and this is explained in the policy below.
Information We May Collect About You
We may obtain personal information (including sensitive personal information) either from you directly; or from other sources, including Consumer Protection Schemes, where you have contracted with one of their members for a home improvement installation; the supplier of a home improvement installation; or an insurance broker. We collect and use your data for the purposes of the insurance contract and providing an insurance policy to you, or to meet the legal obligations we have to our regulators and it is in your legitimate interests that we process this data. Without the data we would not be able to provide cover to you. You may notify us that you do not want us to process your data in which case you will not have access to the cover provided under the policy. We may therefore collect and process the following type of data about
- Information provided about you to enable the insurance policy that you may benefit from to be arranged. This would include your name and address along with information about the home improvement work which has been undertaken. We hold and use this information as it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- If you contact us, by way of any enquiry, including a claim, we will retain a record. We will usually take details of your name and address along with details of your enquiry and our reply. We hold and use this information as it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To administer your insurance policy, including claims;
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud;
- For Legal and Regulatory reasons;
- To help improve our customer service.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties appointed by us in connection with the administration of your policy, including claims (e.g. approved installers, loss adjusters or investigators) and it may be disclosed to third parties such as auditors, reinsurers, identity authentication, fraud prevention agencies, other financial institutions and legal and regulatory authorities. We have contracts in place with all third parties to whom we provide your data and they are required to ensure that all the requirements of the data protection legislation are met.
We may monitor and record phone calls for the purposes of training and quality assurance. When providing information about another person, you confirm they have given you their permission and that we may process their personal data (including any sensitive data) for the purposes as set out above.
Website Usage Information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are –
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful, or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere;
- The right to object to further processing of your data if it is inconsistent with the main reason for which it was collected.
Your data will be stored for the period of cover and seven years afterwards. This is to ensure we can provide the benefit of the cover and meet our regulatory requirements.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data about you to these websites.